Very excited to share that deities of Sri Rama, Sri Sita Devi are coming to Orpington, Bromley & Kent for the celestial wedding ceremony on the auspicious occasion of Sri Ram Navami. This event is arranged for you by Orpington Telugu Kutumbam, BTCA and JETUK.
What is Sita Rama Kalyanam?
Kalyanam (Kalyanotsavam) literally means Marriage Festival.
Lord Sri Rama and Sita Ji represent the ideal Godly husband and wife as per Hindu traditions and are revered and worshipped all over India. Rama's story, otherwise known as Ramayana, is a great Indian epic.
This ceremony is performed with the utsav Murtis of Sri Rama and Sri Sita Devi. A purohit (priest) conducts the marriage and an archaka is consecrated to perform other rituals on behalf of the bridegroom.
Kalyanotsavam (Marriage Festival) is depiction of the Celestial Wedding of Sita Ji & Sri Rama Chandra Ji
- All devotees who are not yajamana are also welcome to attend & enjoy the Utsava for no charge, please register choosing correct option so that we know how many to arrange for.
- A contribution £51/- per yajamana family to be paid in advance - via this registration
- The ceremony will be conducted by a learned priest.
- All pooja samagri will be provided
- You may bring flowers & fruits for puja/and prasadam
- Closing date for entries: 5 days prior to the event or when all spaces booked, whatever is earlier.
- After the celebration - vaishnav prasad (full meal) be provided at no cost
- We request everyone to donate generously
- Everyone is welcome to volunteer if you are interested in volunteering, please send an e-mail
Please press 'Signup Now' button to participate, for more details please get in touch.
proceeds of your registrations go to your local charity Bromley Temple Trust (Regd Charity No: 1166773), which is doing community work locally, you wish to know more please visit BTCA Overview.
Darrick Wood School Lovibonds Avenue
Orpington, BR6 8ER
|Perform Kalyanam per family||£ 51.00|
|Venue Hire||£ 25.00|
|Pooja Samigri||£ 11.00|